[arch-general] Poor performance wifi BCM4331 - MacBookPro

bradklee at gmail.com bradklee at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 21:29:19 UTC 2017

Hi Maykel,

Don't confuse me for an expert, but I have been dealing with Broadcom issue on a recycled dell laptop.

According to the wiki, Broadcom devices have been historically difficult for Linux developers to work with. Replacement hardware could be a better option, but in the meantime wireless seems to work in my case using the "dkms" package.

If Installing this you should read the following:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dynamic_Kernel_Module_Support

Adding a dkms package will change your update procedure, sometimes making additional work for pacman.

In case you didn't find the MacBook-specific wiki page, which also mentions Broadcom issues, try looking around here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MacBookPro11,x
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/MacBookPro7,1

Also, this topic is on numerous BBS threads, so you may want to try a google search, such as: "broadcom macbook 4331 site:bbs.archlinux.org" .

Hope this helps,

Brad