[arch-general] (Off-topic) Command-line torrent download tool

Martin Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Jul 24 18:39:25 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 8:25 PM, Storm Dragon via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Howdy,

Howdy

> I'm glad there's now something other than rtorrent. Rtorrent works usually,
> but there are some torrents that just refuse to work with it, hopefully this
> new, in development CLI tool will fil in the gap.
> Are you planning to make a PKGBUILD for it in the AUR, or do you want
> someone else to do it?

The software is not a torrent client, only a "search interface" that
comes in html or command line output. Output itself is not rendered
using any rendering enginge but string addition (str.__add__). I
haven't exactly figured out what it actually does just yet, but it's
not what you've been looking for.

Regarding torrent clients, I'm actually pretty happy with
extra/transmission-cli's transmission-daemon.

cheers!
mar77i