[arch-general] (Off-topic) Command-line torrent download tool

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Jul 25 14:29:38 UTC 2017

On 07/24/2017 09:05 PM, Kryptxy via arch-general wrote:
> Hi there, I'm not sure if the PKGBUILD will be accepted in AUR. I had
> once posted a thread in open-source contributions in arch formus, but
> was taken down due to legal issues (end of the day, TPB is illegal
> :P). So I didn't put effort in building PKGBUILD. That's the ONLY
> reason I posted about it here.
>
> Also, it's not a torrent client. It just scraps thepiratebay proxy
> sites, and displays results in console window.

Because if the AUR, and the forums, don't allow it, then it is better to
use the mailing list run by the same organization... because why?

This seems like questionable logic.

That being said, we have bittorrent clients available in the offical
repos and the AUR, and e.g. qbittorrent (in [community]) comes with a
builtin search indexer that searches thepiratebay among several other sites.

--
Eli Schwartz