[arch-general] Dual boot issue, windows doesn't show up on grub

Dragon ryu knight.ryu12 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 07:20:51 UTC 2017

2017/07/26 午後4:12 "Ralf Mardorf" <silver.bullet at zoho.com>:

Hi,

when I used grub, I edited grub.cfg manually. Especially in your case
this auto-configuration is absurd, since at least default Arch Linux
kernels don't change their "names" after updating, neither will change
the Windows chainloader entry. IOW the Linux as well as the Windows
entries will never change, so the automation to write the config is
completely useless.

IIRC your chainloader entry should looks like this:

menuentry "Windows"{
    set root=(hd1,2)
    drivemap -s hd0 hd1
    chainloader +1
}

However, I also recommend to migrate to syslinux. OTOH I'm using
syslinux without a Windows install, so I can't recommend it by
first-hand for Windows users.

Regards,
Ralf

--
"Pull a Homer -- to succeed despite idiocy." - The Simpsons

Also, making custom entry into 99-custom.cfg is good option either