[arch-general] Procedure for getting informed about ban duration and reason

Martin Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 23:57:38 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 12:28 AM, mpan <archml-y1vf3axu at mpan.pl> wrote:

>   I’m asking for an advice on how to proceed. I am *not* discussing
> the reasons or trying to rant.
>
>   The situation is:
>    — On July 25th at 3:10 UTC I have been banned on #archlinux-offtopic
>      with the reason „fuck you” and a warning „next time you trash talk
>      on the ops, I set it to a week”. I was sleeping at the time, so
>      I have discovered that just before 16 UTC.

There are hardly any real reasons you need for this. This may descend
on you completely randomly, unpredictably and with the fact in mind
that it's the ops that have the banhammer in their hands. It's not
worth negociating IRC here, though, that's why both my quoting and
authoring of email content ends here which might come as a surprise.
As somebody who has been banned on IRC in the past, I'll have to tell
you one thing though: please stop negociating it over another channel,
because it will be used against you on irc.

Basically, please send me a selection of irc channels you frequent
off-list on how we can maintain (in this case revive) our friendship.

If you can, let's get some of the more liberally inclined people on
board so we can get our own channel off the ground, preferably on a
different network.

cheers!
mar77i