[arch-general] Problem regarding Resolution on Nvidia

Junayeed Ahnaf nirjhor at outlook.com
Thu Jun 1 15:59:17 UTC 2017

Hello,

I am using nvidia proprietary driver on arch linux (GNOME with Wayland), My HDMI port broke so I connected my monitor using DVI ports (with VGA adapter since my monitor does not have any DVI output). Now my aspect ratio is fixed on 4:3. I can't make it to 16:9 nor can I use 1920*1080.

Steps I've taken :
1. Following archwiki I tried to create a new rule for xrandr but it failed
2. I tried editing xorg.conf refresh rate and it added some weird resolution but still no 16:9
3. Added subsection on "Screen" defining resolution, it did not do anything ;(

What can I do? Any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from Nylas Mail<https://n1.nylas.com/link/5ba4f02ea2b0084a1a5ba0fbbe6dee6293853c593b984a854c8f0bb2c2f11bd3/0?redirect=https%3A%2F%2Fnylas.com%3Fref%3Dn1>, the best free email app for work