[arch-general] ReadyDLNA/MiniDLNA doesn't work behind wireless

ihad ihad at d-tor.org
Sun Jun 4 15:24:04 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 6/4/2017 4:45 PM, Giovanni Santini via arch-general wrote:
> Il 04/06/2017 16:10, ITwrx.org ha scritto:
>> The status page is properly accessible from where? A x86 computer that's
>> on your wired network? or from a device connected to network via wireless?
>
> MiniDLNA publishes automatically a web page on port 8200 for checking
> its status.
>
> My computer is an old x64-capable server.
> It is connected to my network through a wireless USB adapter.

Just a wild guess: is your wireless network a separate subnet? If so,
there's your problem. AFAIK MiniDLNA uses SSDP[1] to announce itself,
using a site-local multicast-IP that isn't routed. You need to bridge
your wireless network into the wired one, meaning it has to be the same
subnet.

--
Regards,
Arno