[arch-general] ReadyDLNA/MiniDLNA doesn't work behind wireless

ITwrx.org info at itwrx.org
Sun Jun 4 16:08:18 UTC 2017

On 06/04/2017 09:45 AM, Giovanni Santini via arch-general wrote:
> Il 04/06/2017 16:10, ITwrx.org ha scritto:
>> The status page is properly accessible from where? A x86 computer that's
>> on your wired network? or from a device connected to network via wireless?
> MiniDLNA publishes automatically a web page on port 8200 for checking
> its status.
>
> My computer is an old x64-capable server.
> It is connected to my network through a wireless USB adapter.

this computer is the one you successfully accessed the minidlna web page
from? or a different computer connected via ethernet? i'm just trying to
verify that you have successfully accessed the webpage for minidlna from
a wireless device/computer.

if yes, then you could use nmap or a nmap gui (nmap-qt4 ?) to scan the
host that is supposed to be serving minidlna and make sure that port is
actually open/visible. IOW, just start ruling things out. If that port
is open/accessible from a remote machine then try different apps on the
clients to make sure it's not just buggy clients. you might also try
different minidlna servers. i know when i tried to use minidlna the
servers and client apps were very picky and some were very flakey too. i
ended up ditching minidlna(even though i had it working most of the
time) and just using samba just because i didn't like how non-robust it
all was.

--
Information Technology Works
https://ITwrx.org