[arch-general] Perl Help?

Hunter Jozwiak hunter.t.joz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 14:20:42 UTC 2017

On Fri, 2017-06-09 at 12:38 -0400, Joey Pabalinas via arch-general
wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 3:11 PM, Hunter Jozwiak via arch-general
> <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> > I got bit by Perl this morning after I did an update. I got an
> > error
> > about having a handshake error with ListUtil.c, and I don't know
> > how to
> > resolve this error.
>
> If you have a ~/perl5/lib from using CPAN, files using the wrong Perl
> version in there may also be causing this error; try:
>
> “mv ~/perl5/lib{,-bak}”
>
> to see if this is the cause. If this doesn't work, you can easily
> revert
> the change with:
>
> “mv ~/perl5/lib{-bak,}”
>
> --
> Joey Pabalinas
> <alyptik at protonmail.com>

I was able to get rid of the problem by deleting /usr/lib/perl5 and
/usr/share/perl5 and reinstalling all packages. I also deleted the Perl
directory in my home directory, and all things are working nicely. Hope
this helps someone if they have this problem in the future.