[arch-general] xfce4-notifyd issues

David Rosenstrauch darose at darose.net
Wed Jun 21 02:55:01 UTC 2017

On 06/20/2017 10:10 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Seems like some recent package update has either caused xfce4-notifyd to
> not autostart or to crash after starting.  Anyone else seeing this,
> and/or have any idea what might be the cause?

Not sure if it's having autostart issues, but it definitely seems to be
crashing for some reason:

[darose at darosedm ~]$ ps ax | grep notify
  3168 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep notify
[darose at darosedm ~]$ systemctl --user start xfce4-notifyd.service
[darose at darosedm ~]$ ps ax | grep notify
  3173 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/lib/xfce4/notifyd/xfce4-notifyd
  3179 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep notify
[darose at darosedm ~]$ date
Tue Jun 20 22:32:49 EDT 2017

[darose at darosedm ~]$ ps ax | grep notify
  3511 pts/1    S+     0:00 grep notify
[darose at darosedm ~]$ date
Tue Jun 20 22:51:28 EDT 2017

Anyone have any idea what's happening - or how to debug?  I don't see
anything in the messages.log.

Thanks,

DR