[arch-general] xfce4-notifyd issues

Jérôme M. Berger jeberger at free.fr
Mon Jun 26 17:32:04 UTC 2017

On 06/26/2017 06:30 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Any idea how to resolve the conflict between these 2 notification
> services?  (Without being forced to remove half of KDE?)
>
> For example, dbus seems to be selecting the kde plasma notification
> service to respond to the org.freedesktop.Notifications service
> messages, rather than the XFCE one.  Would you know if there's a way to
> disable the plasma service, or tell dbus that the xfce one should have a
> higher priority?

	I'm not sure, but it looks like dbus is selecting the first one in
alphabetic order (here it chooses
org.freedesktop.mate.Notifications.service over
org.kde.plasma.Notifications.service). I don't know if there is a way to
specify a per-user override, but I would guess that symlinking
/usr/share/dbus-1/services/org.xfce.xfce4-notifyd.Notifications.service
to /usr/share/dbus-1/services/00.org.freedesktop.Notifications.service
(or some similar name that comes before kde) has a fair chance of
solving the issue for you...

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr