[arch-general] Why isn't SELinux officially supported?

Martin Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 17:16:09 UTC 2017

On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Robert Wong via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Thanks.
> But I'm not meaning disappealing, I just felt uncomfortable when I see the packages from the AUR can't be updated by the pacman and I don' feel like using yaourt... Probably it's my obsessive compulsive disorder overtaking me. I'm looking forward to build a local repos for all my installed AUR packages so that they can upgraded by pacman -Syu.

I do run AUR packages and manage them manually in ~/abs, no yaourt or
other third party but pacman's own infrastructure required.

> Though I'm probably still new to Arch, I used Fedora beforehand and I AM CLEARLY know the importance of a well-maintained configuration. And of course I am familiar - not daring to say mastering - with how SELinux works.

Check with the people in charge and get working on it. ;-)

> If I said something wrong, then I apologize. And as I mentioned, I'm not intended to blame anyone of cause a fight, I'm just trying to discuss it's potiential to move it to the official repos.

You didn't, and I usually realize far too late when I sound
condescending. I like to cut with a sharp corner, though, apparently
I'm not unaffected by my own conditions and shortcomings...

cheers!
mar77i