[arch-general] Intermittent problem accessing samba shares

Joost Janssen jmnjanssen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 15:38:18 UTC 2017

Hey Paul,

I've had a similar issue where my samba connections went dead after a
while.

Disabling your samba server's autodisconnect timeout might help:
Run the following command in an Administrator cmd box to completely turn
off the autodisconnect timeout:

*net config server /autodisconnect:-1*
*Source: *
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/048e504d-c8d5-4eae-b5a5-e367797a2bca/shares-do-not-stay-connected?forum=winservergen