[arch-general] sending emails with gmail WAS: [arch-dev-public] AUR ToS

Martin Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:10:17 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 1:58 PM, Henrik Danielsson via arch-general
<arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:
> [...] the quote in Mauro's
> mail did not render as a quote normally does in Gmail, hence I was not
> sure it would render correctly if I messed up the copying it (HTML
> entities and all).

Just turn it off. GMail's web interface does plain text email really
well to my tastes, and you can actively enable it from the dropdown
menu on the right of the bottom toolbar. All html is then stripped by
default and apart of newlines, you can have isprint()-only
conversations from then on.

You might want to subscribe to arch-dev-public. The conversation
started there and was taken to arch-general at some point.

cheers!
mar77i