[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] AUR ToS (aka making AUR user names public)

Martin Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 14:18:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Mar 6, 2017 at 3:01 PM, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
> Much likely nothing bad
> would happen by handing out a list, but to avoid a "Now, why didn't I
> think of that?"-issue the easiest solution seems to reject such
> requests in general, at least as long as it's not obviously that the
> research is "good" (what ever this means) for the Arch community and/or
> human kind or the universe in general.

So you're admitting that you can't come up with a real concern and are
opposing just for the sake of opposing.

I think it's important to discuss such issues a lot in general,
because they improve our reasoning.

But just to take away the outcome of your well-meaning pessimism:
There could be a white hair in that soup just as there could indeed be
a black hair in the opposite colored "Now, why didn't I think of
that?" soup of well-meaning optimism you warn against. If you can
follow this rahter heavily metaphoric dish of thought, it looks like
we learned something today, in that case.

cheers!
mar77i