[arch-general] Firefox 52 Audio broken

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Mar 7 11:05:55 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 10:49:25 +0100, SanskritFritz via arch-general wrote:
>Does a kind soul provide an alternative build of Firefox?

Assuming time shouldn't be an issue for you, consider to build Firefox
using ABS. Assuming your tmpfs should be only around 2 GiB small, then
better don't build in /tmp, "df -h" does show. I haven't tested with 4
GiB tmpfs, but I suspect that this should work.

AUR provides palemoon-bin and icecat-bin, both are based upon firefox,
"bin" means that you don't need to compile them. Community provides
qupzilla, a web browser similar to firefox.

I don't have pulseaudio installed, but all the mentioned browsers. I
don't know, if they still work without pulseaudio, since I usually
only use audio for audio productions and seldom with a web browser.

Regards,
Ralf