[arch-general] Firefox 52 Audio broken

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Mar 7 20:14:21 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 16:00:18 +0100, Carlchristian Eckert wrote:
>As a workaround, have you tried using apulse? It is a pulseaudio
>emulation for ALSA. Some time ago, I used it successfully to run Skype
>(which also depends on pulseaudio) without having pulseaudio installed.

I don't know, if the required asoundrc could have impact on real-time
pro-audio usage. I won't test it.

[rocketmouse at archlinux firefox]$ cat /usr/share/apulse/asoundrc.sample
pcm.!default {
    type plug
    slave.pcm "asymed"
}

pcm.asymed {
    type asym
    playback.pcm {
        @func getenv
        vars [ ALSAPCM ]
        default "dmix"
    }
    capture.pcm "dsnoop"
}

On Tue, 7 Mar 2017 15:26:52 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>[rocketmouse at archlinux firefox]$ time makepkg -s
>==> Making package: firefox 52.0-2 (Tue Mar  7 15:21:51 CET 2017)
>[...]

No space left on device
[...]
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in build().
    Aborting...

real	61m48.492s
user	100m10.263s
sys	4m25.917s
[rocketmouse at archlinux firefox]$ df -h | grep /tmp
tmpfs           3.9G  3.8G  105M  98% /tmp

At least we now know, that around 4 GiB tmps aren't enough. On another
day I'll compile it on a SSD instead of compiling it in RAM. Continuing
an audio production and compiling Firefox at the same time
unfortunately isn't an option.

Regards,
Ralf