[arch-general] How to "decorate" a package build?

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Wed Mar 8 11:30:25 UTC 2017

Am 08.03.2017 um 12:20 schrieb Peter Nabbefeld:
> Thank You! However, while one part is about Firefox, the other is
> about changing builds while still getting the signalling for new
> builds from pacman.
>
> One possibility seems to use Hooks, while I'm not yet sure how to use
> them correctly.
>
> Regards
> P.

Hooks don't work too well if you want to modify a package. Ralf has a
good idea, I would change it a bit and do it like this:

#!/bin/bash
# 1) set pacman to ignore firefox upgrades
# 2) perform normal pacman upgrade
sudo pacman -Syu
# 3) continue this script

# pacman should still recognize that firefox is out of date even if the
update is disabled
if [ pacman -Qu firefox ]; then
   # download PKGBUILD from abs
   # patch PKGBUILD