[arch-general] How to "decorate" a package build?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 8 12:37:54 UTC 2017

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 12:30:25 +0100, ProgAndy wrote:
>Ralf has a good idea, I would change it a bit and do it like this:
>
>#!/bin/bash
># 1) set pacman to ignore firefox upgrades
># 2) perform normal pacman upgrade
>sudo pacman -Syu
># 3) continue this script
>
># pacman should still recognize that firefox is out of date even if
>the update is disabled
>if [ pacman -Qu firefox ]; then
>   # download PKGBUILD from abs
>   # patch PKGBUILD
>   # build
>   # install
>fi

There are several ways to write a wrapper, but indeed the first thing
before building firefox is to upgrade.

Anyway, all solutions to automatically build firefox are IMO not worth
the effort, since "apulse-git" does the job.

If it shouldn't work for the OP, it might be easy to fix.
Assuming troubleshooting should be required, I would start with running

  $ aplay -l | grep "card 0"

and

  $ cat /etc/modprobe.d/*alsa*

Regards,