[arch-general] Firefox user data autofill doesn't work as before

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 8 21:20:29 UTC 2017

On Wed, 8 Mar 2017 21:40:37 +0100, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>before latest update, firefox filled my login credentials
>automatically into the appropriate fields. Now I've first to select
>the user in a dropdown list - how can I revert this behaviour?

During the years Firefox made that much steps into the wrong
direction, that I'm surprised that a user still cares that much about
new issues introduced by a Firefox update.

One of the most worse steps IMO was the step that after selecting a
link in the history, the cursor in the history does lose focus. IOW if
you searched an hour to find a segment with several wanted links, after
clicking one link, the selection gets lost and you need to search
again. I'm not aware of any other browser with this abstruse behaviour.

Many other users dislike that they need to check about:config against
google safebrowsing spyware again and again.