[arch-general] How to "decorate" a package build?

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Thu Mar 9 08:02:23 UTC 2017

Am 08.03.2017 um 23:12 schrieb Eli Schwartz via arch-general:
> On 03/08/2017 03:34 PM, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>> Yes, I already wondered about this when looking at the PKGBUIL source
>> file, because it seemed a decision has been made against it, but the
>> subject is "How to "decorate" a package build?" - firefox has only been
>> a package which has been discussed before.
>>
>> So, the most important result for me is, I've learned some interesting
>> details about the package system.
>
> And the answer is, you're not the first person to want something like that:
> - customizepkg provides a framework for applying differences to packages

Hm, there's incomplete documentation about this, especially about how to
override PKGBUILDs.

E.g. for firefox: Would I have to name the file "firefox-52.0-2-x86_64",
"firefox-52.0-2", "firefox-52.0", "firefox-52", or just "firefox"?

> - yaourt is capable of autodetecting a repo package that has a
>   customizepkg configuration, and building that package from source
>   instead of syncing the prebuilt package.

I'm currently using pacaur - what do I have to be aware of when changing
to yaourt?

Kind regards
P.