[arch-general] hcidump is missing?

ProgAndy admin at progandy.de
Thu Mar 9 12:38:29 UTC 2017

Am 08.03.2017 um 16:34 schrieb Guus Snijders via arch-general:
> It looks like hcidump is no longer supported:
> http://git.kernel.org/cgit/bluetooth/bluez.git/commit/?id=b1eb2c4cd057624312e0412f6c4be000f7fc3617
>

> <quote> build: Hide deprecated tools under --enable-deprecated This
> marks the following tools as deprecated as they are not longer
> maintained or have been replaced by other tools: hciattach hciconfig
> hcitool hcidump rfcomm sdptool ciptool gatttool </quote>
>
> Though it is not very clear what can be used instead.

I think the replacement for hcidump should be btmon (plus btsnoop?)
For the rest I think it is like this:
- hciattach seems to be replaced by btattach.
- hciconfig can probably be replaced by btmgmt nad maybe bluetoothctl.
- gatttool looks similar to btgatt-client.
- hcitool seems to be replaced by the dbus device api without any
commandline tool.
- rfcomm and ciptool seems to be missing, they probably want you to use
the dbus profile api.
- sdptool seems to be missing, you should probably use the different
dbus objects like the profile api, the advertising api, and the UUIDs
list in device api and adapter api.

--
A.