[arch-general] [RFC] Make Archlinux websites mobile friendly

Alif M. A. alive4ever at live.com
Sun Mar 19 13:48:03 UTC 2017

It seems that Pierre has experimented with MobileFrontend on
wiki.archlinux.de site.

So far so good, the view is close to Wikipedia and quite usable,
although Arch Linux customization is gone.

Hope it will land on the main Archwiki soon.

Here is my experiment with mobile frontend on my local Archwiki server.

https://transfer.sh/kZwFA/archwiki-mobile-frontend.png

The downside of MobileFrontend that it's not responsive. Changing
viewport from desktop viewport to mobile viewport needs page reload to
make use of proper skin.