[arch-general] Disable auto-detection of a specific monitor

Maxence Sartiaux contact at makz.me
Sat May 13 23:23:20 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'd like to know if there's a possibility to disable the auto-detection of a specific monitor / output.

I explain my case, i have three monitor & a KVM PCI-Passthrough setup for gaming.

When i start my vm i turn off my principal monitor via a libvirtd hook and it switch to windows.
My second screen have a KVM switch between arch GPU & Windows GPU
Third screen only on arch.

When i switch the KVM for the second screen, Xorg re-detect my primary screen and turn it On, but i can't see all my windows because the monitor is still switched on the Windows GPU.

My arch GPU is a GTX980 running on proprietary drivers.

Thank you

Have a good day.