[arch-general] Segmentation fault and (likely) file system bug while removing gnome-extra

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sun May 14 13:13:21 UTC 2017

Op 14 mei 2017 01:15 schreef "Robert W0ng via arch-general" <
arch-general at archlinux.org>:

Hi, All.

For several reasons I decided to remove the group 'gnome-extra'
from my system. During the uninstallation, something went wrong.

[...]

. All of a sudden the system printed
a large section of dmesg, saying something like it had run into
a kernel bug(?). The pacman was then killed, leaving the zsh
reporting a segmentation fault...

[Changes lost after reboot]

Sounds like hardware troubles to me. You might want to run an (extensive)
memtest.
It could be something else, but faulty memory is not uncommon and usually
my first suspect.

You also try a long SMART test of the storage. That could give some insight
into possible troube.

Mvg, Guus Snijders