[arch-general] Segmentation fault and (possibly) file system bug while removing gnome-extra

Robert W0ng leo_wsy at foxmail.com
Sun May 14 14:56:32 UTC 2017

Hi, Guus.

I've just run the memtest from archiso. Just passed, no error reported. So I'm afraid it has to be an fs bug or other hardware error... I'm looking forward to running a SMART test later. But the current Arch installation is on a Kingstom USB drive, is that okay with the SMART test?

In fact, what confused me most now is why both pacman and fsck reported segmentation fault... It can't just be a coincidence, right?

Oh, remembered one more thing. I tried to remove the gnome-extra group again this afternoon. The same error, the same output. More specifically, even exactly the same time the error happened (when attemptting to remove package telepathy-idle). Funny enough, Uhm? ;)

Thx a lot!

RW