[arch-general] Cannot delete chroot directory

Simon Doppler dopsi at dopsi.ch
Wed Nov 8 08:47:58 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I wanted to create a new build chroot directory with mkarchroot yesterday, and
mistakenly created it in the wrong place. I then interrupted the process but
after it had already created some files but was not finished. (I wanted to
created in ~/chroot/multlib, but wrote ~/multilib).

When I tried to delete the directory (with rm -rf) but I could only delete all
the files it contained. It did not work either after a reboot.

This is my terminal output when I try to delete the directory

[root at tollana dopsi]# LANG=en rm -rf /home/dopsi/multilib
rm: cannot remove '/home/dopsi/multilib': Operation not permitted
[root at tollana dopsi]# lsattr | grep multilib
------------------- ./multilib

I noticed in [1] (the lock function is defined in [2]) that the directory is
locked using flock, but that lock should not survive a reboot (or am I mistaken
?).

Thanks for your help

[1] https://git.archlinux.org/devtools.git/tree/mkarchroot.in#n66
[2] https://git.archlinux.org/devtools.git/tree/lib/common.sh#n75
--
Simon Doppler
E: dopsi at dopsi.ch
PGP: 5C3A 7347 AE06 D520 68A6 D292 9A08 963D B82F 5A19