[arch-general] Cannot delete chroot directory

Simon Doppler dopsi at dopsi.ch
Wed Nov 8 10:25:36 UTC 2017

Le mercredi, 8 novembre 2017, 10.02:00 h CET Jeanette C. via arch-general a
écrit :
> Nov 8 2017, Simon Doppler has written:
>
> > This is my terminal output when I try to delete the directory
> >
> > [root at tollana dopsi]# LANG=en rm -rf /home/dopsi/multilib
> > rm: cannot remove '/home/dopsi/multilib': Operation not permitted
> > [root at tollana dopsi]# lsattr | grep multilib
> > ------------------- ./multilib
>
> Hey hey Simon,
> have you looked at the access rights:
> ls -ld multilib
> Perhaps, by some freak accident, there is no w attribute. It's the only
> thing that springs to mind.
>
> HTH and best wishes,
>
> Jeanette
>
> --------
> * website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound
> * SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/jeanette_c
>
> Skip on the drinks Head to the floor
> Makin' my way Past the show
> My body's taken over And I want some more <3
> (Britney Spears)
Hi Jeannette,

I just got an off-list anwer from Florian Pritz that mkarchroot does create a
btrfs subvolume (when the chroot would be in btrfs), which is the case for me.

I used

    # btrfs subvolume delete <directory>

to delete the directory.

Thanks both for your help

--
Simon Doppler
E: dopsi at dopsi.ch
PGP: 5C3A 7347 AE06 D520 68A6 D292 9A08 963D B82F 5A19