[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Switching the bugtracker to Bugzilla

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 21:26:54 UTC 2017

- Replying on arch-general as don't have access on dev-public -

I might have missed something or proposed something which is not
feasible due to the fact I'm not vary familiar with Archlinux
infrastructure.

On 14/11/17, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> [..]
> # Migration
>
> There are several options for migrating the bug history to Bugzilla and a few options are under
> debate. (input welcome)
>
> * No migration at all
> * Migrate open bugs
> * Migrate open bugs and auto-closing them
> * Migrate all bugs
> * Migrate all bugs and auto-closing them

No migration & keep flyspray as read-only. People can still reference
flyspray bus and copy attachments around. It would be a good clean up
for open bugs which are not-reproducable or irrelevant now.

> # User migration
>
> User migration should be possible as well, except migrating the password, a mass password reset
> would be wise. Since I'm not sure what kind of old hashing method / salt flyspray uses.

Yes, although this might complicate a bit if/when LDAP auth comes in
place (since it will mean another migration - not sure).

> # Migration Projects
>
> Bugzilla has a concept of products with components, so for all our packages we can create a
> component counterpart. It should be possible to auto-assign bugs with the pkgname <-> maintainer
> information from archweb.
>
> Possible products would be.
>
> # Products
>
> * Arch packages (core/extra or split this up)
> * Community packages (community)
> * Pacman
> * AURWeb
> * Keyring
> * Archweb (new)
> * Arch VM / Docker images (new)
> * Release engineering

Bugzilla products / components:
* Core packages
  * <one compoment per package>
* Extra packages
  * same as above
* Community packages
  * same as above
* One product per "Arch Linux Projects" repo in projects.archlinux.org
* AURWeb
* Archweb
  * bbs
  * wiki