[arch-general] gscan2pdf - could it be included in the official arch repositories?

Stephan Fuchs stephan.fuchs at mailbox.org
Sun Oct 1 13:18:26 UTC 2017

Am Dienstag, den 26.09.2017, 12:00 +0000 schrieb arch-general-request at a
rchlinux.org:
> On 25-09-17 17:15, Stephan Fuchs via arch-general wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > I would like to ask if the program gscan2pdf could be included in
> > the
> > official arch repositories.
> > There are currently no
> > alternatives.
> >
> > best regards
> > Stephan Fuchs
> >

> Hi,
>
> [community] repo has 3 programs that could be an alternative :
>
> simple-scan (gtk3)
> scanlite (requires some kde libraries)
> gambas3-gb-scanner (a frontend for scanimage command, written in the
> programming language gambas3 )
>
> What functionality does gscan2pdf bring that none of 3 alternatives
> have ?
>
> LVV

Hi.

With all programs above I can scan - right.
I can also make an PDF of the scan.

With gscan2pdf I can scan many pages at once (fledbed scanner or ADF)
and convert all pages directly to PDF. In addition, OCR is performed.
And a pdf is generated with the text from OCR as hocr layer.
The special feature is that a searchable PDF can be created at once.
As far as I know it is not possible with simple-scan nor with
scanlite nor with gambas3-gb-scanner.
The special thing is that I can correct then OCR Text directly before I
save the file.
And a few other things that simplify the work.

It is not just another scan program.
It is the only program I know what allows archiving in this way.
best regards
Stephan