[arch-general] Spice issue with Arch (KDE) in QEMU/KVM

Nick Gilmour nickeforos at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 15:28:48 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I've just installed the latest Arch with KDE as a VM with QEMU/KVM in
Virtual Media Manager. Everything seems to be working fine except
spice, so the resolution and copy/paste do not work. The spice-vdagent
and xf86-video-qxl are installed. There is not something wrong with my
host configuration since I have already two other 2 VMs which work
fine with spice. One with Fedora 26, which worked out of the box and
one with Ubuntu 16.04.3 for which I had only to install spice-vdagent
and now it also works fine.

Any ideas what is going on?

Regards,
Nick