[arch-general] Ardour 5.11

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Tue Sep 12 08:13:11 UTC 2017

On September 12, 2017 3:59:58 AM GMT+02:00, Eli Schwartz <eschwartz at archlinux.org> wrote:
>On 09/11/2017 06:11 AM, David Runge wrote:
>> Hey Ray (and all interested),
>>
>> thought I'd share an updated PKGBUILD for Ardour.
>> Please update to the latest version!
>> 5.9 is unusable, when working with OSC to control it (segfaults).
>>
>> I know there is some AUR package, but ardour 5.11 is a stable release
>> and should therefore be in the main repos.
>
>"An updated PKGBUILD" makes it sound like you did something significant
>there.
>
>Why not just say "I thought I'd just mention, `asp checkout ardour` and
>bumping the pkgver is enough to build the latest version, and I've been
>testing it and it works fine for me"?
>
>It is far less confusing when people actually understand at a glance
>what you're actually saying.
>I hereby request of you to be less confusing. ;)

Granted ;-)

So: works fine for me under most conditions. Updating is easy.

However, I am still experiencing segfaults using OSC with a special audio session of mine, but that seems to be a different issue from the one I mentioned in my first mail.
New sessions don't seem to suffer from it.

--
https://sleepmap.de