[arch-general] procps-ng 3.3.13 and its new topdefaultrc

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:02:01 UTC 2018

I haven't seen the modern top ui, but it sounds useful and I'd
be in favor of it if it doesn't break things.

But I have to note that terminal emulators and coloring curses
applications is very hard to do in a way that works across
everyone's favorite color scheme. It's bound to result in
invisible elements or missing contrast when you use too much
coloring. It's not a fault of the designer but the ways terminal
emulators work (in other words are limited).

So by all means, if it doesn't break anything, enable modern
top, but use caution with colors.