[arch-general] lynx and lynx-current packages start up error message

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Apr 16 22:17:27 UTC 2018

On 04/16/2018 09:16 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
> I take it since the following message goes out over stderr it's some kind of
> error.
> sh: line 0: test: .: binary operator expected
>
> This error happens after makepkg gets used to make and install lynx-current
> and happened earlier with lynx.
> To clear this error, do I need to adjust some configuration on this end?

sh: line 0: test: .: binary operator expected

Generally means that there is an unquoted argument in a shell 'test', e.g.

  if [ $var = 'some string' ]

or

  if test $var = 'some string'

In both equivalent cases above, if $var contains a 'space', the test fails
with the error you report. Double check your PKGBUILD or and of the install
scripts.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.