[arch-general] QT apps try to be HiDPI on a non HiDPI monitor

Peter Bauer comicinker at gmx.de
Tue Apr 24 23:09:03 UTC 2018

Am 24.04.2018 um 19:27 schrieb Ricardo Band via arch-general:
> Ahoi,
>
> I have a 1920x1080 monitor in my notebook which is afaik not HiDPI.
> Even if I launch for example qtpass with:
>
> env QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 QT_SCALE_FACTOR=1
> QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1 QT_DEVICE_PIXEL_RATIO=1
> QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=gtk2 QT_QPA_PLATFORMTHEME=qt5ct GDK_BACKEND=x11
> qtpass
>
> It looks like this: https://imgur.com/a/jKLbeLF
>
> I tried everything but it didn't change anything. I'm using i3, so no
> fancy desktop environment that could help or not help. ;)

See this stackexchange:

https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/433385/scaling-hidpi-issue-for-qt5-applications-under-gnome/437467

It also links to

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HiDPI#Qt_5

For seafile this helped me:

QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0 nohup seafile-applet > /dev/null &

I'm using gnome on X and not wayland, maybe that makes a difference.