[arch-general] Kernel source URL change

Joakim Hernberg jhernberg at alchemy.lu
Wed Aug 8 10:03:33 UTC 2018

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 22:55:55 -0400
Eli Schwartz via arch-general <arch-general at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Because heftig decided it was easier *for him* to do it this way.
>
> Because downloading 100 MB for every single patchlevel release quickly
> builds up to just as much as a full git clone.
>
> Can you tell us why you believe the move to git was "a solution in
> search of a problem"?

I wonder if this isn't going to complicate my life maintaining the
linux-rt kernel on AUR.  So far I've tried to track the linux package
closely, but I wonder what repercussions it will have.  Many times it's
also out of sync with the main distro kernel, but I always used to pick
up the patches etc used by the main kernel.

Oh well, nor really a complaint, let's see how it works out in practice.

--

   Joakim