[arch-general] i3stats depends on wireless_tools, causing "firmware load for regulatory.db failed" w/o wireless-regdb

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Aug 16 00:16:40 UTC 2018

On 08/12/2018 04:38 PM, Geo Kozey via arch-general wrote:
>>> Out of curiosity I checked my journalctl boot logs and this is what I
>>> see:
>>>
>>>  kernel: cfg80211: failed to load regulatory.db
>>>  kernel: platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db
>>> failed with error -2
>>>  kernel: cfg80211: Loaded X.509 cert 'sforshee: 00b28ddf47aef9cea7'
>>>  kernel: cfg80211: Loading compiled-in X.509 certificates for
>>> regulatory database
>> It's been generating these entries since July 20th for me.
> Install https://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/any/wireless-regdb/
>
> It's only for limiting wifi power, safely to ignore.

Thank you,

  That is what I did, but what curious why it would be needed on a server with
no wifi? I guess this all boils down to i3status having the wifi widget in the
status bar that triggers non-wifi systems to begin looking for them. It's
almost like i3status status should conditionally include the wifi widget, if,
and only if, the system has wifi to begin with.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.