[arch-general] Antergoes problem.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Aug 22 17:21:14 UTC 2018

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018 12:52:09 -0400, Steve Ovens via arch-general wrote:
>I suspect its something broken with 'yaourt'. According to
>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers#Active yaourt has been
>flagged as Discontinued or problematic.

Ignoring that Antergoes isn't supported by this mailing list, AUR
helpers aren't supported by Arch Linux.

"Warning: AUR helpers are not supported by Arch Linux. You should
become familiar with the manual build process in order to be prepared
to troubleshoot problems." -
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

To keep it short,

$ pacman -Q yaourt
yaourt 1.9-1

does work. A yaourt feature doesn't work properly, there's an issue
with showing AUR comments, but that has got no impact on the build
process. Yaourt does a good job, it suffers from minor pitfalls. By
default it builds in /tmp, which usually is a tmpfs, so it could be too
small to build some software. If you build manually in a too small
tmpfs, it's the same issue ;).

If a command isn't found, it's usually an issue that isn't related to
discontinued or problematic software. It's an issue on it's own.

$ hahaha -S espeak-ng-git
bash: hahaha: command not found
$ which yaourt
/usr/bin/yaourt
$ which hahaha
which: no hahaha in
(/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/lib/icecat:/usr/lib/jvm/default/bin:/usr/bin/site_perl:/usr/bin/vendor_perl:/usr/bin/core_perl)