[arch-general] Services with DefaultDependencies=no

Leonid Isaev leonid.isaev at jila.colorado.edu
Mon Aug 27 12:45:25 UTC 2018

Hi,

	While going over .service files on my system, I noticed that quite a
few of them, not belonging to systemd package, contain DefaultDependencies=no
(DD=no). This is understandable (perhaps) for programs like systemd-journald,
but what about normal daemons, like rpcbind, haveged and rpc-nfsd? I thought
that setting DD=no is kind of a hack needed only for special services (e.g.
called from fstab via x-systemd.requires=). Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
L.

--
Leonid Isaev