[arch-general] update today causes avantfax_hourly cron: Exec format error?

Leonid Isaev leonid.isaev at jila.colorado.edu
Mon Aug 27 14:59:07 UTC 2018

On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 04:04:14PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2018 07:38:12 -0600, Leonid Isaev via arch-general wrote:
> >On Mon, Aug 27, 2018 at 03:02:38PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >> Eli, wouldn't it be easier for you to ignore people who are not as
> >> wise and psychologically balanced as you are? I doubt that anybody
> >> of us is able to learn from your wise comments, more likely we laugh
> >> at you, because we are psychically disturbed and dumb, so we don't
> >> know better.
> >
> >Well, speak for yourself. And grow up and learn to avoid being
> >disturbed by (deserved) critisism.
>
> Take a look at the Archive.

Yeah, and the first post in this thread was about a script that broke because
of a linux-firmware update. I stopped reading after that because it was clear
that the person who wrote that didn't think at all... At least Eli took time to
explain what actually went wrong.
If Eli is mistaken, he is unable to admit

> Consider to reread Eli's brilliant achievement of wisdom and online
> psychotherapy:
> >> I have run Arch on it since 2009 -- I'm familiar with what it
> >> does.
> >
> >Just using a thing often used by intelligent, computer-savvy people,
> >does not *automatically* qualify you as one of them. Just using a thing
> >for a long time does not *automatically* qualify you as familiar with
> >that thing.
> >
> >And in this case, your aggressively prioritized attitude of learned
> >helplessness makes me wonder whether using Arch is the best thing for
> >you.
> >
> >For reasons I don't quite understand, you seem to despise the idea of
> >becoming more knowledgeable about how things work. I don't see how this
> >can work out...

Which I totally agree with and support: if you don't want to research problems,
don't run Arch. There are plenty of good distros out there for you.

Cheers,
--
Leonid Isaev