[arch-general] Package grub Encourages Warnings to be Ignored.

back bowser backbowser123123 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 13:57:26 UTC 2018

To throw my hat in the ring in this argument.

I feel the way we currently have grub talked about in the wiki is that grub-mkconfig is a magic tool.

This isn’t the proper way for multiple reasons.

1) It encourages me not to know how grub works other than it just works.

2) If grub breaks I have to go down all kinds of rabbit holes to even figure out what to edit in grub.cfg since it’s so confusing when auto generated.

I do think the Grub page needs a rewrite I’m not sure if Eli’s page is in its final stages. Maybe he should go back and try and clarify things a bit more. Last I checked though it’s still a work in progress rewrite.