[arch-general] Why is permission for /run/user/1000/gvfs denied for root?

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 11:50:17 UTC 2018

Am 13.12.18 um 11:56 schrieb Ralph Corderoy:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> But I need it to access the filesystem of my Android phone!?
>> Or are there alternatives?
> There seem to be lots.
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android#Transferring_files
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Media_Transfer_Protocol
>
> A user here just mount(8)s IIRC, using an fstab(5) entry.

I've just looked at these wiki articles. It seems, MTP is the protocoll
interfacing the device, while GVFS is the file manager integration. My
MTP-related packages are:

$ LANG=C pacman -Ss mtp | grep "\[inst" | grep -v libcddb
extra/gvfs-gphoto2 1.38.1-1 (gnome) [installed]
extra/gvfs-mtp 1.38.1-1 (gnome) [installed]
extra/libmtp 1.1.16-1 [installed]

GVFS is used by Gnome and obviously also by XFCE4 (with Thunar).

So, in my case, the architecture seems to be like this:

+ Thunar |

+  GVFS  |