[arch-general] syslinux: out of date - or not?

Bjoern Franke bjo at nord-west.org
Sat Dec 22 11:14:19 UTC 2018

Am 21.12.18 um 19:25 schrieb Ralf Mardorf via arch-general:
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2018 16:13:23 +0100, Andy Pieters wrote:
>> I'm sorry to intrude here but how can that be related?
>
> It's not related, it's just a hint to workaround issues, if a
> migration has got advantages.

Hm? You wrote:

"In my case the file
system wasn't/isn't an issue, but the migration to syslinux had/has
pitfalls for me, too. Dual-monitor usage on demand is one of those
issues."

And sure, using ext4 instead of XFS would be an option, but we don't
have 2002 any more, when XFS was such uncommon that you needed to use an
extra kernel.

Regards
Bjoern