[arch-general] systemd permissions on run?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 01:40:12 UTC 2018

Did something change recently w.r.t this? I have smbd, postgresql, and
squid all failing on me with the following error:-

systemd[1]: smbd.service: Permission denied while opening PID file or
unsafe symlink chain: /var/run/smbd.pid
systemd[1]: postgresql.service: Permission denied while opening PID file or
unsafe symlink chain: /var/lib/postgres/data/postmaster.pid
systemd[1]: squid.service: Permission denied while opening PID file or
unsafe symlink chain: /run/squid.pid

The bug tracker only turns u #56966 and #56828 which both have to do with
the 'nobody' user.