[arch-general] Disable vboxadd.service & vboxadd-service.service after guest additions included in 4.15?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Feb 18 08:57:22 UTC 2018

On 02/09/2018 10:55 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
>   The guest additions in the 4.15 kernel work fine, so my first thought was to
> disable both vboxadd.service and vboxadd-service.service, but then what do I
> do for LTS?

And that indeed is the answer (from the #vbox IRC tonight). If you run a Arch
guest with 4.15+, you can just disable the systemd vboxadd and vboxadd-service
services (or install the vbox guest additions altogether) and auto
capture/release of the mouse, X, etc.. continues to work fine. I'd add this to
the wiki, but it would just be removed...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.