[arch-general] mythtv

Eli Schwartz eschwartz at archlinux.org
Tue Jan 9 17:06:07 UTC 2018

On 01/09/2018 11:48 AM, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 08, 2018 at 03:53:24PM +0000, Jameson via arch-general wrote:
>> With the mythtv packages being dropped to the AUR
>
> I must have missed this, and I don't see any other mention of it on this
> list or on arch-announce or /news or pacman logs. Where or how else
> should I have been paying attention?

We don't usually publish news advisories when packages are dropped from
the repos. It is easy to tell, however, by listing installed packages
which are not from the repos: `pacman -Qm`. Some AUR helpers can also
list packages that were installed from the AUR.

If a package that used to be provided by the repos is now listed as a
foreign package by pacman or an AUR package by an AUR helper, then this
indicates the package was dropped. :)

It was also discussed on arch-dev-public (which anyone can subscribe to
for read-only access, or simply look at the public archives) as part of
our end-of-year repository cleanup.

--
Eli Schwartz