[arch-general] php php71 in conflict

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 10:59:59 UTC 2018

Op 10 jan. 2018 11:34 schreef "Gabriel Eckertsberger" <gabriel.eck at gmx.at>:

pacman -Syu tells me that php is in conflict with php71, and that php-gd
> with php71-gd. It asks if php and php-gd should be removed, which looked
> ok for me to fulfill requirement for nextcloud 12.x.
>
> But removing php would break requirements for phplpadmin.
>
> What is the best way to do now?
>
> Thomas

php71 provides php, so you should be fine with removing php

Actually, this might be a case where 2 packages cannot be used on the same
installation... (assuming all dependancies are listed correct).

A quick glance showed that php == php 7.2, so removing the php package
/may/ break other applications.
Same for the other way around: keeping php and removing php71 may break
nextcloud.

Mvg, Guus Snijders