[arch-general] Is linux extramodules dir named most appropriately?

Genes Lists lists at sapience.com
Thu Jan 11 16:27:43 UTC 2018

On 1/11/18 9:45 AM, Eli Schwartz via arch-general wrote:

> Because the extramodules directory is designated for thirdparty modules
> that are believed to be compatible with any kernel patch release of the
> same major.minor version. If the module needs to be recompiled with
> patch releases, it should be installed to the "main" modules directory.

Terrific thank you.

Do you know where the directory removal logic is managed?

/usr/share/libalpm/60-linux.hook doesn't seem reveal much to my eye - it
treats 4.14.13-1-ARCH and extramodules-4.14-ARCH indistinguishably. When
linux is updated to 4.15 extramodules gets removed somehow but not with
a minor update.

Thanks.

gene