[arch-general] Possible to "inherit" from a package?

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Sat Jul 14 06:42:09 UTC 2018

On July 14, 2018 8:07:03 AM GMT+02:00, Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:
>On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:50:49 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 07:17:20 +0200, Peter Nabbefeld wrote:
>>>Just to add a build option, I wonder if there's a concept of
>>>"inheriting" from a package build, so I'd only add the config
>>>option?
>>
>>https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Build_System#Retrieve_PKGBUILD_source_using_Git
>>
>>$ asp update
>>$ asp checkout dovecot
>>$ cd dovecot/trunk/
>>$ $EDITOR PKGBUILD
>>
>>Assuming all make dependencies and required signatures are available
>>continue with
>>
>>$ makepkg -s
I don't think Peter asked for a HOWTO on reading Ralf. No need to send three mails for that.

@Peter: inheritance is not really a thing with PKGBUILDs afaik. However, you can do two things to get the desired results: Ask for inclusion of the feature with a feature request in the bug tracker or create your own local repository with precedence over the others in which you build your own version of dovecot.

--
https://sleepmap.de