[arch-general] Kernel modules not loaded after Linux update

Peter Nabbefeld peter.nabbefeld at gmx.de
Sun Jul 22 09:27:04 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've updated my installation yesterday, also doing an update of the
Linux kernel to 4.17.8. When starting this morning, kernel modules
rejected to load, so I even couldn't access the internet.

I've downgraded Linux now to 4.17.2, but still have some problems
(probably because I only downgraded the kernel itself).

I cannot find the error message from the service again, sorry, so I
cannot tell You, it had to do with some security parameter not set.

According to the description of kernel downgrading in the wiki, I should
have downgraded linux-headers, too, but these are not in my package
cache - are they included in the kernel package now?

How can I find out, which other kernel modules need to be downgraded?

Kind regards

Peter